Search Here....

2010年10月13日 星期三

You have been burned on Wall Street?

During his summer break from College, my son tried to sell me on the merits of the popular television series burn notice. This TV drama, Jeffrey Donovan plays Michael Westen, former operative who gets forwarded "burn notice", the termination of espionage in a style that leads to the immediate elimination of its assets and influence, leaving him isolated and alone.

The financial industry has similar practices. I call it burned. Courts are called the notice of class action.Ironically, the day my son eloquent call for TV drama, I got burned notice again, this time THE U.S. District Court of Maryland notification came courtesy of the excellent work of the strong investment funds and my former investment advisors.

[See 5 things your broker won't tell you]

Rightly or wrongly people at strengths found a way to accidentally commit crimes market timing, short-term or excessive trading and various forms of portfolio churning all resulted in settlement of $ 140 million to 458.000 burned investors. Notification of burned instructed me that I should simply and carefully read the pages of legalese, researching my recent holdings, (which by the way, I never knew I was kindly how my former wealth Manager Investment Fund of funds), enter the correct data (it is better not to miss the details of your request will go round) and send the document to obtain some unknown a little settlement. As this sounds like a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon?

My journey UIT painfully reminded me, it is important to the Agency's risk-manager would not operate for the benefit of its shareholders With each reseller that stands between you and your work pension dollars you compound the Agency risk. Enter an investment advisory, risk.Buy mutual funds, risk having your investment advisor to put your money into funds, risk to the Agency.

Not that long ago, most of us live with a prevailing sense of responsibility, space. Agency risk is not a common topic of conversation.These were the days when most trusted thinks they should do the right thing, even when no one is watching.

But today, Wall Street ETHOS unfortunately crept forth to "get rich at another's expense" mentality Of dreary and either. GRIN Bernie madoff in quiet SEC payoff is secured debentures, raised by the public as a result of the credit crisis this month, Goldman Sachs investors became wise to the fact that Wall Street can no longer be implicitly trusted to work to their advantage.

How I wish, like fat, gray hair, old guy in Smith Barney commercial support from British accent to load that they make money the old fashioned way, I wisely Shun rhetoric in favor of facts. long gone for many managers "Old-fashioned way".I just have to keep a keen eye on my retirement dollars.There is little I can trust to do it for me and do it well.

[View the fails, this is the reason why ...]

Remove the Agency risk fixes a very real threat to maintaining your retirement, wealth and delivers the world mind. Managing a diversified portfolio of low-cost exchange traded funds, you can sleep peacefully at night knowing that Madoff had not hidden somewhere in your portfolio.

Meanwhile overburdened by anxiety burden crowd UIT wondering if their burned notifications can come in the mail.

Steve Beck is a founding member of the Internet's leading portfolio manager MarketRiders retirement until MarketRiders Beck was a serial entrepreneur, having started several successful companies for storied career of Silicon Valley as general partner of integrity partners, he served as founding investor and Board member of Baidu (Nasdaq: BIDU, "Google China") prior to this, he was the founder of aspects of technology sold Inktomi (Naskdaq: INKT) as well as a co-founder of CCS Mail Order sold alloy, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALOY).


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言